Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
Learn How to Be More Assertive
Being assertive is not just about using a few stock responses to difficult situations: it involves understanding and dealing with different behaviour types -- including your own.
But if this sounds a daunting prospect, don't worry: we have taught this in our simple, structured way for years.
Assertiveness training is good for people who are too passive, and also those who are too aggressive, and shows the "middle way" that balances your rights with those of others.
Learning to be assertive is an essential skill in business – it allows you to bring your ideas and points across clearly and with confidence. At Activia, we guide you to a manner that comfortably sits within the ‘pushy and annoying’ manager and the ‘doormat’ that isn’t respected by employees.
It’s all about finding the right combination – knowing when to be assertive and when to take a more flexible approach is what makes the difference. These are just some of the ways assertiveness can help your organisation:
- How to get your thoughts across in a clear and coherent manner
- How to mould your ‘office personality’ and how you wish to be perceived
- Knowing the difference between constructive criticism vs. insults
- When to hold back and when pushing through makes sense
- Using your body language and voice to your advantage
- To remain professional at all times, never going beyond what’s acceptable when attempting to establish authority
You selected to get the course (Assertiveness Skills & Techniques). Please Login or Signup to get it.